Knowledgebase is a categorized collection of answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) and articles. You can read articles in this category or select a subcategory that you are interested in.
What will the Host payout be, and when is it sent?
The default deposit percent is 50% of the booking value.
This means the guest needs to only pay Want2Stay 50%, we deduct our service fees and pay the remaining amount from the deposit to the establishment (typically 7 business days from us receiving the funds).
The remainder of the booking is then paid directly by the guest to the establishment.
If the guest pays more than the deposit amount the balance is paid to the Host.
For establishments who do not want guests to pay them directly, they may change this setting in their Login Area > Payments and Cancellation Policy.
Specific deposit amounts may also be set on a per booking level to over-ride the default deposit amount.
How our fees work:
Your payout will be your rental price minus the commission service fee. (Typically 15% + VAT), but currently Want2Stay does not need to be VAT registered
Please note we charge commission on the full booking amount.
Example: a 5-night reservation with a nightly rate of R1000 and a R250 cleaning fee.
Subtotal: (5 X R1000) + R250 = R5250
(The price of R5250 is displayed to the guest)
Commission service fee: R905.63 (15% R787.50 + VAT R118.13)
Your Earnings: R4344.37 (R5250 - R905.63) However, currently the R118.13
The above example is based on the commission charged at 15% + vat. However, Want2Stay is excluded as we are by law not VAT registered and should this amount be added to the R4344.37.
Here are some common reasons that may impact the amount of your payout:
To change the price of an accepted reservation, you will need to alter the reservation with your guest.
Note: If a booking is made after the pay-out periods mentioned above (Eg: a booking on a Moderate listing 3 days before the check-in time), we may need 7 business days to process and send payment on to you.
When Payment is sent is based on your Listings Cancellation Terms:
1. Flexible: 100%, 1 day after check-in.
2. Moderate: 50%, 10 business days from us receiving the guest funds or 13 days before check-in (whichever occurs first). Remaining 50% 1 day after check-in
3. Strict: 50%, 10 business days from us receiving the guest funds or 13 days before check-in (whichever occurs first). Remaining 50% 5 days before check-in.
4. Super Strict: 50%, 10 business days from us receiving the guest funds or 13 days before check-in (whichever occurs first). Remaining 50% 28 days before check-in. (available via special request only).
5. No Refund: 100%, 10 business days from us receiving the guest funds or 13 days before check-in (whichever occurs first).
Your Friend in Accommodation
Article ID: 24
Category: Information for Hosts
Views : 10
Rating (Votes): (0)