Booking Fees - How it works
Here’s how we’re helping our Hosts feel confident in welcoming Guests:
- We don’t charge Guests. The price they see is the price they pay.
- Listing with us is free.
- We don’t require booking fees as you have alternatives:
- Option 1: We require from Hosts a 5% booking fee plus 2.5% banking fees (total 7.5), on successful bookings, calculated from the total booking price. There are no other fees and no VAT payable. [Attention: This option is dropped as from 1 June 2021 in an effort to help the tourism industry and hosts to recover their businesses. There will be no booking fees for Guests & Hosts... Donations will be appreciated.]
- Option 2: You can opt for a 1000 ZAR / 80 USD annual fee and then everything else is free, no booking fees. In addition we will provide you with a free Want2Stay email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org [Attention: This option is dropped as from 1 June 2021 in an effort to help the tourism industry and hosts to recover their businesses... donations will be appreciated.]
- It’s your place, your rules – You Choose your Prices, Policies and Rules for Guests and bookings.
- We’ve got your back – Access to 24/7 support and guest misconduct reporting
- Find your perfect match – Set requirements and criteria guests must fulfill
- BEST of All! You can use your listing’s link to advertise across social media, because under option 2 you do not pay booking fees. And, it gives your posts credibility! Amazing!
- We can do it for you - If you don't like technology then we can create a listing for you. We will set up everything. We then require a R250 once-off fee.
How it works
Open and close your property when you want:
We give you the freedom to open or close your property on our site whenever you want. With no lock-in contracts, you’re in control of your property.
You control your availability:
Only accept guests during the summer or maybe just weekends, at want2stay.com you decide when you want visitors / guests.
We don’t charge guests:
We don’t add anything onto the advertised price. Unlike other platforms which often charge guests, the price you set is the price we display.
Use Want2Stay alongside other platforms:
Using Want2Stay alongside your other relationships is not a problem. With our simple calendar you can manage your availability in parallel to your existing relationships. Calendar sync services is 100% free.
Fees, Commission & VAT Taxes - Comparison
Booking.com = 15% booking fee + 15% VAT to be paid by guests
Nightsbridge.com = R365 per month even if you don’t get a booking R4380 annually + 15% VAT to be paid by guests
Airbnb.com = Slit fee of 3% for hosts and 14% for guests + plus 15% VAT to be paid by Guests and Hosts
Lekkeslaap.com = 15% booking fee + 15% VAT to be paid by Hosts
*** Want2Stay.com = No booking fees – No VAT - free service to Hosts and Guests ***
VakansieAkkommodasie.co.za = 5% + 2.5% = 7.5% booking fee – No VAT
Your friend ...
Team: Want2Stay [Pty] Ltd
Your Friend in Accommodation